It’s summertime, meaning it’s time to enjoy some nice creamy ice cream to beat the heat. Here is how you can make quick and easy ice cream yourself in less than 5 mins.
Ice cream is a staple food to cool yourself down that puts you on the expressway to taste bud heaven. Creamy, cold, refreshing, and decadent ice cream is a no-brainer when it comes to a treat to beat the heat. But what if you don’t have transportation, the time, or the energy to make classic pestle and mortar style ice cream, or go to the store and grab a half gallon yourself. Well, there is a way, a 5 min quick and easy ice cream recipe that won’t leave you disappointed but will leave you refreshed and satisfied in the summer heat.
What you will need:
- 1 | Gallon-sized Ziploc bag
- 1 | Quart-sized Ziploc bag
- 1 | Cup of milk
- 1 | Tablespoon of sugar
- 1⁄2 | Teaspoon of vanilla or imitation vanilla
- 1⁄3 | Cup of salt
Quick and easy 5-min shake and wait ice cream:
- Pour the milk, sugar, and vanilla into the smaller, quart-sized bag.
- Fill the gallon-sized bag 3/4 full of ice, then add the salt to the ice.
- Place the smaller bag inside the larger bag and close the seal. Keep this sealed tight as you don’t want leakage.
- Now the fun part, shake the bag hard until fully mixed for 5 minutes.
- Use cold water to clean the bag before opening it to keep the salt water from getting into your ice cream.
Now the final step is to wait and enjoy your ice cream. Feel free to add other stuff like strawberries or your fruit of choice, but be sure to blend it up before you get on to the mixing.