Fireworks bring everyone together to celebrate one of the most revered American holidays, celebrating our independence from Britain, our families, and our friends. We celebrate the blasting of bombs that gave us our freedom, and we do this with fireworks. Here are the fireworks in northeast PA you do not want to miss.
According to PA Homepage, fireworks shows across the commonwealth are happening in the next two days:
SUNDAY, JULY 3:
- Scrantastic Spectacular & Fireworks Show | This spectacular show will be held at Lackawanna County Court House in downtown Scranton. This event starts at 4:00 p.m.
- Lake Ariel Fireworks Display | Lake Ariel is doing something different, being held at Lake Ariel Beach. These fireworks will set off at dusk, so as soon as the sun comes down, come around.
- Fourth of July Celebration at the Skytop Lodge | Will rise up at 6:30 p.m. With fireworks starting at dusk. There is a $10 charge for non-resort guests.
- Tunkhannock High School football field | Fireworks will take place at dusk. They recommend you bring chairs or somewhere to sit like a blanket and a bug repellent for this event.
- Ashland Memorial Field | This fireworks show will start at dusk, so get there before sundown to get a good view.
- Frackville Little League and Softball Fireworks Show | This show will take place at the Frackville Little League and Softball Complex on West High Street. This fireworks show will tee off at dusk.
MONDAY, JULY 4:
- Fireworks over Lake Wallenpaupack | This event will begin around 9:15 p.m. Adding to the patriotic act of fireworks, music will be broadcast by Bold Gold Media’s Classic Hits 105.3. There will be Parking and seating available at the Wallenpaupack High School.
- Bloomsburg Town Park, fireworks begin at dusk.
- Millville Little League Field | The fireworks display starts around 10:00 p.m. at the Millville Little League Field. Bring the family, and friends and watch this homerun of a fireworks display.
- Independence Day Firework Display | This almost 20-year-long event will be at Camelbeach Mountain Waterpark. The event will start at 5:00 p.m. with music and fun. Then with fireworks at dusk. There is a $12 cost to park, with all donations going to local fire departments.
- Watsontown Park | Fireworks show will begin at 9:30 p.m., bring a chair and be there.
- Wilkes-Barre Old-Fashion Fourth of July Celebration | The day-long event will be held at Kirby Park. Fireworks are included for free, but other activities may have a cost, and you can’t put a price on fun.
- Watsontown | Separate from the Watsontown Park fireworks shows they will hold its own July 4th celebration. The day will start at 11:30 a.m. There will also be parades, music, and fireworks to close the night.
- Mifflinburg Community Park | Fireworks will begin at 10:15 p.m., so don’t miss out on one bombastic show.
- Silver Springs Ranch in Harvey’s Lake | They will hold their Independence Day celebration starting at noon, with various events and music. With fireworks serving as the finale for the event.
- Schuylkill Port Carbon Monument Hill | At 10:00 p.m., fireworks will bombard the skies, so look up at the skies and have a great time.
- Montrose’s July 4th Celebration | This will be an all-day-long event. They will not only offer breakfast, but there will be vendors, races, a parade, and fireworks at dusk. The event starts early at 8:00 a.m.
- Bloomsburg Fair Grounds | They will have firework shows that will put lighting fireworks in your driveway to shame. This event will begin at 9:00 p.m.
Fireworks are the epitome of Independence Day celebration aside from hamburgers, hotdogs, family, friends, and music, not only bringing us together but displaying the courageous efforts of our forefathers, freeing themselves from the grip of Great Britain. Find the fireworks display closest to you and have a grand ole time.