Need for speed? Like to move fast, but do not like getting a ticket? Pocono Raceway has the event for you.
On August 1, 2022, at Pocono Raceway in Long Pond, PA, you will be able to experience what it is like to become a NASCAR driver. You can use your car to race down the track unfettered with no speed limit. It is time for you to strap your seatbelt on and put the pedal to the metal. The event includes no speed limits, driver coaching, and two 15-min driving sessions on the 2.5-mile Superspeedway at Pocono Raceway.
To be eligible for this Bring Your Car event, you must complete or have completed a Stock Car Driving Experience at Pocono Raceway within the last three years. If you haven’t participated in one of Pocono Raceway’s Stock Car Driving Experiences, you can combine their 10-Mile or 20-Mile Drive Experience on the same day as the Bring Your Car event. The stock car 10, or 20-mile driving course is of limited availability and 10% currently. Don’t worry if you haven’t taken part in their Stock Car Driving Experience. If you miss out on this event, there are still a few more to come on September 16 and October 3, 2022. If you don’t want to drive but still want to experience the adrenaline-fueled atmosphere, you can watch locals burn rubber in a high-octane fashion though passengers are not allowed.
Drive Your Own Car Requirements
- High Performance/Sports Car | Any gasoline engine sports car or high-performance touring car as long as it has H Speed Rated+ tires.
- Electric and Hybrid motor vehicles | Electric or hybrid vehicles like a Tesla are not allowed.
- Specific SUV/Trucks | Only certain SUVs or Trucks are qualified, such as GMC Cyclone, Porsche Cayenne, Ford Lightning, etc.
- Roll Over Convertibles | Only eligible convertibles with roll-over protection can be used. To see if your car meets the requirements, please call Steve Fox at 877-786-2522 ext.222 for verification regarding eligibility.
- Registered | Only current registered cars are allowed for this event, so bring the paperwork.
- Inspected | The car must have passed inspection for safety.
- Insured | In the case of an accident or crash, you must be insured to protect your vehicle and yourself.
- Up To Snuff | Cars must be able to keep up with post highway speeds. There are no speed limits, and cars on the tracks will be much faster than usual.
- Confirmation | You will receive an email of your Tech Sheet with your confirmation and instructions on completion. Click Here for the Tech Sheet required to be completed and submitted on the day of your event.
- Helmet | You must have an approved racing helmet, even though no accidents have occurred at this event.
- Speed Limit | There is no max speed. The limit is your car and driving capabilities.
- Yellow Flag | The first lap will be under a Yellow Flag, which means that you keep the speed under 70 MPH while the cars are warming up and getting familiar with the track.
- Green Flag | After the Green Flag, you can go above 70 MPH, safely explore the limits and driving capabilities of your car with caution
- Not A Race | Keep in mind that this is not a race, simply an event where you can test the limits of your car, drive faster than you would be allowed to on public roads, and this is an event to have fun. Drivers who don’t show caution or recklessly drive will be slowed or pulled from the event.
Date: August 1, 2022
Time: 2:00 PM with your vehicle
Cost: $299, 10-mile Stock Car Experience not included
Location: Pocono Raceway, Long Pond, PA