Rain is one of the forces of nature that keeps our crops healthy and our water supply sustained, which always seems to occur on our days off. But a rainy day doesn’t have to be all that bad. Here is how you can enjoy a rainy day.
We have experienced this moment when we wake up, it’s unbelievably dark for the time of day, and we look out our window and see it’s cloudy and pouring outside. Then we are filled with disappointment, feeling like the day is over before it even really began, but it doesn’t have to be this way. Here are some ways to enjoy the rain and make the most of what mother nature has provided.
Activities To Do On A Rainy Day
- Keep Up To Date With The News | Now is the perfect time to catch up on current events affecting all levels of society, whether local, state, or national news. A rainy day is a great time to catch up on news sites such as Pocono Update.
- Binge Your Favorite Shows Or Start A New One | While most of us probably do this already, watching our latest favorite show on Netflix, Hulu, or Disney+, there is no better day than a rainy day to do this. So grab your device of choice and get binging.
- “Catch Up” On Sleep | Use this time to get some extra hours of sleep. Since the clouds obscure the sun, this allows less light to pass through your bedroom window. So if you have had a lack of sleep recently, a rainy day makes a perfect occasion to catch some z’s.
- Read A Book | This age-old activity dates back thousands of years, and while digital media may have become more widely used, the feel, look, and experience of a book are hard to replicate. Open your window or sit by a screened door and listen to raindrops, creating a wonderfully cozy and relaxing atmosphere to read a book.
- Play In The Rain | Instead of fighting the conditions outside, be a part of it and enjoy it for what it is. Grab a raincoat for yourself and your children, if you have them, and splash around. The kids will have so much fun, be sure to make sure they dry off completely to prevent them from getting sick.
- Learn A New Skill | Rainy days make a great time to learn a new skill, craft, or hobby. These can range from learning a new cooking or baking recipe to crochet or learning a new song on an instrument. Use this time to dig deeper inside yourself, exploring hobbies you might have missed out on if it weren’t for the rain.
- Do Something Romantic With Your Partner | When the weather is miserable outside, you and your partner don’t have to be. Enjoy the pitter-patter of the rain, snuggled up on the couch or the bed with your loved ones, binge-watching shows, cooking a romantic dinner, or share an umbrella and walk through the raindrops. Use this time to get a little closer to your partner.
- Tidy Up | With the sky cloudy and the ground soaked, now is the time to rid all the excuses of why you shouldn’t be inside cleaning your home. Use this time to clean and tidy up your living quarters, kitchen, living room, and other areas that need attention.
- Set Some Goals | Since you can’t exactly go out and enjoy the outdoors like you might have planned, you can use this time to set some goals of things you would like to do in the future. For example, you could set goals on going to a new hiking spot with your kids or partner, a fishing or camping trip, an amusement park, etc. You can also use this time to set personal goals, such as weight loss, career trajectory, personal finances, or other health and wellness-related achievements.
- Reflect | Use this time to reflect on your life choices, goals, mental health, and other personal matters. Take time to figure out who you are by digging deep or meditating. Fixate on what matters to you. A rainy day can be a great day for reflection.
A rainy day can be a time not only to better yourself by taking time to reflect, relax and realize what matters, but also a time you can grow and plan for your future. Just because the weather is miserable, you don’t have to be.